Parr Care Home is a 59 bedroom home based in St Helens, they are looking for a caring and friendly individual to join their busy team.
Apprentice Care Assistant
From 190.08 to £375.12 (Depending on age)
Shift Patterns of: 8am-8pm, 8am-2pm,2pm-8pm (over a 7-day period)
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive
- Act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full
- Always be alert to residents physical and mental well-being, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day-to-day care
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist, and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Parr Care Home is kept clean, pleasant, and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance with feeding.
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- A strong team worker
Desired Personal Qualities:
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Reliable and punctual
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Willingness to develop new skills (have to work towards NVQ2 in Direct Care)
Future prospects: The company are offering the opportunity for candidates to progress to a Senior role within the care home