Apprentice Generalist Adviser
St Helens£216 per weekApprentice Generalist AdviserSt Helens Chamber Closing Date: Friday 7th July 2023
Apprentice Generalist Adviser to work for St Helens Citizen Advice
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team who deliver a full generalist service with casework in debt and benefits, Help to Claim Service and financial support projects
- Triage clients to find out what support they need and identify the best way to help them
- Deliver advice and information via face-to-face appointments, telephone and digital channels.
- Provide practical help and assistance for the client where necessary to resolve their issue
- Provide reception cover for drop-in sessions and admin cover when necessary such as answering the office telephone enquiry line
- Refer internally or to other specialist agencies as appropriate
- Maintain detailed case records
- Good communication skills, with the ability to listen attentively in order to understand a person’s issue and respond sensitively by providing advice and guidance which is accurate and in plain English
- IT-literate, particularly the ability to find relevant information online
- Sufficient written ability in order to create case records which describe a client’s situation and the advice given
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Empathetic and non-judgemental approach to people, especially those in difficult circumstances and who are often upset
- A commitment to on-going learning to develop knowledge and skills in customer service and advice delivery
- Friendly and professional manner in both dealing with members of the public and working as part of a team of advisers
GCSE Maths & English at Level 5 minimum (certificates will be required)
- You will develop valuable skills and experience of dealing with the public in a busy environment.
- There is potential for future job progression within our organisation depending on funding opportunities.
- You will build your knowledge of legal and social welfare issues which could lead to a career in this field with ourselves or similar agencies