Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Processing acrylic plastics and producing acrylic sub-assemblies.
- Performing production level 3D printing processes, including the post-processing of printed parts, such as polishing and dyeing.
- Producing medical models using silicone and pigments, casting materials into moulds and assembling models.
- Assembling mechanical and electronic components for the company’s flagship LapAR simulator.
- Assembling electrical components, such as circuit boards for cameras, using soldering irons and pick and place machinery.
- Labelling products accurately, maintaining stock levels (stock control) and taking an active role in the goods-in and goods-out processes.
- Fulfilling company orders by packaging simulators and products appropriately prior to dispatch working with sales and marketing colleagues where required..
- Working within a 6S Lean Manufacturing environment with skills development of key lean skills and techniques
- Experience of using laser cutters, working with silicone materials, 3D printing and assembling electrical components would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and follow/interpret instructions accurately
- Good communication skills
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Desire to achieve
Minimum of 3 GCSEs A*-C including math and English. Or Similar qualifications
Desire to work within manufacturing role with experience of making and designing components and products desirable
Future prospects: After qualifying for L2 Lean Manufacturing Qualification you will be eligible for a pay review to £20320pa and access to our training and development scheme to further expand your skills