We’re looking for a talented Employability Tutor / Career Coach to work for us. We want to recruit someone with skills to deliver group employability sessions, work experience placements and Advice and Guidance to young people aged 16 -24 on a range of programmes including Traineeships, Study Programmes and NEET provision.
If you want to be part of a company that truly makes a difference and you have a strong teaching and career coach background, we want to hear from you.
You will also be required to:
- Deliver an impartial, professional guidance service to support people into Employment, apprenticeships and further learning.
- Adhere to systems and procedures which ensure the smooth running of the programmes to all quality standards.
- Promote the programmes to all stakeholders including clients, partners and employers.
- Offer a comprehensive recruitment process including Open Days, interviews, assessments.
- Offer induction, assessment, action planning, reviews and jobsearch to all participants.
- Deliver a range of qualifications in line with Chamber quality frameworks.
- Work closely with employers offering work placements ensuring health and safety requirements are met.
- Support participants into sustainable employment.
- Administer the Bursary Fund where learners are eligible.
- Gather evidence for funding requirements where necessary to ensure compliance is up to date and Audit ready.
The ideal candidate for this Employability Tutor / Career Coach will have the ability to inspire and motivate young people to progress their own careers.
In addition, you’ll need to:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels and ages.
- IT / Computer Literate.
- Ability to write and deliver a range of engaging employability and personal development sessions.
- Educated to GCSE A* – C level in English, Maths.
- Full driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Award in Education or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Provide advice and guidance to motivate and enable people of all ages and levels to progress.
- An understanding of the range of careers and key industry sectors.
- Effective networking experience.
- Teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Traineeships and Study Programmes.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Hours: Monday – Thursday 08:30 – 17:00. Friday 08:30 – 16:30.
- Enhanced sick pay
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 26 days after 2 years employment and 27 days after 4 years employment
- An additional day’s holiday for zero days sickness in a 12-month period
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Well-designed modern head office with good public transport links
- Free town centre parking
- Occupational Health support
- Aviva pension – statutory contributions to be made by employees, which can be increased. Enhanced employer contribution
- Life assurance
- Access to a range of learning opportunities including, e-learning and in role development
- Recognition awards
We are a large dynamic social enterprise, with a long history of helping the business community create prosperity and opportunity in and around St Helens. The Chamber is a unique organisation, a private sector led not-for-profit that works with local businesses, partners and the community to contribute to growth and regeneration.
We are an award-winning organisation. We have achieved the Kings Award for Enterprise, which is a highly prestigious award, with only around 200 other businesses across the UK having achieved it in 2023. We are also very proud to be one of the first organisations in the Northwest to be awarded the Liverpool City Region Fair Employers Charter. We also are a Disability Confident employer and hold ISO9001 and Matrix accreditations
We employ more than 90 people in a wide variety of roles across three locations in St. Helens. Some of our fantastic achievements in 2021 were:
- 794 people into jobs and learning
- 2200 people helped with career advice
- 121 new local businesses started with our support
- 850 business members – one of the highest penetration rates in the UK
- 400 apprentices in learning
- 16 secondary school careers events delivered to 572 pupils
We believe that by living our core values of Giving A Voice, Leading Edge, Driven by Quality and Supportive and delivering on our strategic objectives, we will be able to contribute substantially to growth, investment, sustainability and opportunity for our local community.
The Chamber is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, which depending on the role, may include a satisfactory Enhanced criminal record with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Chamber is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this role, then click the ‘Apply’ button and send us your CV.